The Child's pose or the Lower Back Twist. Remember to be gentle on your body and hold the posture if possible for 10-30 seconds.
I still practice my sun salutations because down dog takes so much pressure off your spine and allows it to elongate. I feel a very quick response to this also after completing my rounds. I rest in child pose. Sitting with correct posture will also do wonders for you. If you work in an office type with your legs uncrossed and sit upright. You will be more alert breathe better and your lower back will thank you!
Seat with your legs underneath your body and then gently place your head within your knees, trying to stretch your arms which are above your head, with your hands on the pavement. Be gentle!
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?