Seat with your legs underneath your body and then gently place your head within your knees, trying to stretch your arms which are above your head, with your hands on the pavement. Be gentle!
I still practice my sun salutations because down dog takes so much pressure off your spine and allows it to elongate. I feel a very quick response to this also after completing my rounds. I rest in child pose. Sitting with correct posture will also do wonders for you. If you work in an office type with your legs uncrossed and sit upright. You will be more alert breathe better and your lower back will thank you!
The Child's pose or the Lower Back Twist. Remember to be gentle on your body and hold the posture if possible for 10-30 seconds.
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs