Still on your back with your legs to your chest breath out and let your arms fall to the sides. Breathe in, raise your legs as straight as you can. Breathe out and slowly lower your legs to one side and hold the pose once you reach the floor. Your back muscles will relax. Repeat on the other side.
Now you can lean forward and feel a stretch. Lift your right hand and lean sideways over your left side. You should feel a stretch on your right side on your lower back.
And the same for your left side.
Another stretch for lower back is the baby pose – yoga pose.
Sit on your chins and then lean forward so your belly lies on your thighs. Relax your head to the floor (forehead or beginning of your hairline touches the floor). Keep your hands besides your body with your palms faced up.
This is very relaxing for your lower back and should stretch it slowly. Take a few deep breaths here.
Hope this helps 😊
I hope this helps. Do what feels comfortable! Sometimes watching a YouTube video for yoga to help your back will help guide the process as well.
Another way is to stand straight up, bend down at the waist as far as you can without hurting too much. Just let your body hang, your don't nees to touch the floor. Once there and stable, bend one leg to stretch that side, pushing out the same hip a little to get a better stretch. Gently roll your body up to stand back up.
Last, but not least, you're going to lay down on the floor, and essentially make yourself into a 4. Body straight, legs out. Bring your right leg up to your chest, as close as you can. Take your left arm, and gently pull your right leg across your body, as close to the ground as you can. Reach your right arm out to the left, and for an even better stretch, twist and look out over your right shoulder, keeping your chin up. Hold as long as you want, gently bring your leg back over and dow to release, and repeat on the other side.
Hope this helps. 🙂
- Which combination is the best when you do 1 minute stretch?
- What’s the best one stretch for tight hip flexor muscles?
- What others have included in there stretching habits
- What is a great easy, quick stretch?
- How do you stretch your lower back?
- What are the best stretching exercises that you have seen positive results from?
- Stretches for lower back?
- Do you focus more on stretching before or after a workout?
- What is your favorite time of day to stretch?
- How do you stretch before yoga?