For myself, I'm in standing verses sitting. That normally helps. Lungs, touching fingers to the ground, reaching to the sky, a little run on the spot. Spreading my legs apart and reaching to each side is also a good one.
I do Sun Salutations to get started as it involves top to toe stretching and some inversions (eg, forward fold, downward dog) which can really wake you up in the morning
- What is the best stretch for back pain?
- What’s your favorite stretch position?
- Is 1 minute if stretching daily enough to make a difference?
- Is 1 minute really enough to make a difference if I do it every day?
- Why do you do stretching 🙆♀️?
- Is a quick 1-3 minute stretch first thing in the morning really going to improve anything?
- What types of stretches do you do in the morning (if any)? Do you have a few recommendations that really work for you?
- Do you bounce or hold your stretch?
- What are good ways to stretch your feet and hands?
- Do prefer to stretch before sleeping or when you wake up?