For myself, I'm in standing verses sitting. That normally helps. Lungs, touching fingers to the ground, reaching to the sky, a little run on the spot. Spreading my legs apart and reaching to each side is also a good one.
I do Sun Salutations to get started as it involves top to toe stretching and some inversions (eg, forward fold, downward dog) which can really wake you up in the morning
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?