I think sitting in meditation and relaxing the shoulders down the back and releasing tension first through breath will easy into the stretches and allow the mind and body to come into the relaxation. Then slow neck rolls and twisting and turning each side.
stretching your back is so important. i love to do the butterfly stretch and really reach forward to try to bend your back and stretch it, making sure to put your chin on your chest to pull the top of your back down and stretch that as well
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?