I dont think its supposed to hurt. If its hurting it might be to much the muscle is straining and tensing up. Relaxation with good breathing with the stretch will cause the muscle to be loose allowing the stretch to occur with a since of pleasure and ease
Stretch until you feel mild discomfort but not beyond. Dynamic stretches, where the opposing muscle group contracts, are best.
I'm not a physical therapist but I don't think stretching should really hurt… If you're worried that you're hurting yourself, I'd say back off a little bit and breathe into the stretch, relaxing deeper into it with your exhale if possible.
I think you should stop a little after you feel the "pain" and keep that position, not more. But the pain has to be something bearable
If you are stretching after an intense workout or the day after you did some strength exercise you haven’t done before, you are going to feel pain during stretching. If you haven’t done it strenuous, you should not feel pain if you’re stretching properly.
As far as I can say stretch pain should be so slight that you can easily take it and after 5 to 10 breaths it becomes less or go away. So you never should feel sharp pain. If you only begin stretching do it little by little, without fanatism.
if it hurts a little bit but not a ton, then you’re good. if it hurts a lot and it feels like the pain goes deep, stop and let up a bit.
Stretching will feel tight, uncomfortable, sometimes it might even feel like its burning a bit. But if it's a sharp pain, ease out of the stretch back to a place where it's more tolerable. You don't have to be super bendy for stretching to help and flexibility will improve over time.
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?