I dont think its supposed to hurt. If its hurting it might be to much the muscle is straining and tensing up. Relaxation with good breathing with the stretch will cause the muscle to be loose allowing the stretch to occur with a since of pleasure and ease
- What stretches should I do in the morning?
- What are warmup exercises I have to do before running?
- Do you find yoga a good practice or is stretching enough?
- Had anyone else found stretching hasn’t made a difference?
- Do you feel it’s okay to break any habits up throughout the day? Such as stretching and exercising
Stretch until you feel mild discomfort but not beyond. Dynamic stretches, where the opposing muscle group contracts, are best.
Stretching will feel tight, uncomfortable, sometimes it might even feel like its burning a bit. But if it's a sharp pain, ease out of the stretch back to a place where it's more tolerable. You don't have to be super bendy for stretching to help and flexibility will improve over time.
I think you should stop a little after you feel the "pain" and keep that position, not more. But the pain has to be something bearable
If you are stretching after an intense workout or the day after you did some strength exercise you haven’t done before, you are going to feel pain during stretching. If you haven’t done it strenuous, you should not feel pain if you’re stretching properly.
I'm not a physical therapist but I don't think stretching should really hurt… If you're worried that you're hurting yourself, I'd say back off a little bit and breathe into the stretch, relaxing deeper into it with your exhale if possible.
if it hurts a little bit but not a ton, then you’re good. if it hurts a lot and it feels like the pain goes deep, stop and let up a bit.
As far as I can say stretch pain should be so slight that you can easily take it and after 5 to 10 breaths it becomes less or go away. So you never should feel sharp pain. If you only begin stretching do it little by little, without fanatism.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?