I dont think its supposed to hurt. If its hurting it might be to much the muscle is straining and tensing up. Relaxation with good breathing with the stretch will cause the muscle to be loose allowing the stretch to occur with a since of pleasure and ease
Stretch until you feel mild discomfort but not beyond. Dynamic stretches, where the opposing muscle group contracts, are best.
I'm not a physical therapist but I don't think stretching should really hurt… If you're worried that you're hurting yourself, I'd say back off a little bit and breathe into the stretch, relaxing deeper into it with your exhale if possible.
I think you should stop a little after you feel the "pain" and keep that position, not more. But the pain has to be something bearable
If you are stretching after an intense workout or the day after you did some strength exercise you haven’t done before, you are going to feel pain during stretching. If you haven’t done it strenuous, you should not feel pain if you’re stretching properly.
As far as I can say stretch pain should be so slight that you can easily take it and after 5 to 10 breaths it becomes less or go away. So you never should feel sharp pain. If you only begin stretching do it little by little, without fanatism.
if it hurts a little bit but not a ton, then you’re good. if it hurts a lot and it feels like the pain goes deep, stop and let up a bit.
Stretching will feel tight, uncomfortable, sometimes it might even feel like its burning a bit. But if it's a sharp pain, ease out of the stretch back to a place where it's more tolerable. You don't have to be super bendy for stretching to help and flexibility will improve over time.
- What are your favourite neck stretches?
- Which stretched do you find most useful to relieve joint pain and lower back pain ?
- Do you stretch longer than the required minute?
- How long it’s effective to keep each stretching position?
- Do you think that regular progressive stretching will make your joints be more flexible?
- What is a good stretch for the neck
- When you stretch do you feel where you are stretching with you’re hand?
- I hurt my left lower leg when walking , in back , wonder what stretch to best do in order to get normal leg movement again ?
- How do you feel when stretching?
- What are the best quick and easy yet proven effective stretch exercises? And best exercises for me being a 45 year old health concise person be please.