I recently started a ballet class, so I've been stretching my hip flexors and back a lot. I really like laying on my back, arms outstretched and flat on the ground. I then bring my left leg up, reach you the outside of the knee with my right hand, and let my leg fall to the right side. It's a very calming stretch that doesn't force your body to do more than it's capable.
I like to use my foam roller. It gives me time to focus on different set of muscles and really get in deep in the tissue to relax me before I get in bed. I set up an area in my bedroom where I have the length and space to do a full roll!
Hip and shoulder stretches. I seem to carry lots of tension there, and they’re the most difficult to stretch well throughout the course of the day. (They’re also often done laying down— low effort, heh.)
I really like the Pidgeon pose in yoga because I find it comfortable to lay in, but still works as a stretch, by usually don't just do a single stretch on its own. Often in the morning I'll do some basic stretches to open up my joints, but at night I tend to do a full yoga routine for 15-20 minutes.
I enjoy several stretches, but there are two I personally feel I get the best stretch from. First, I sit on the floor, legs out straight and reach for my feet. Second, I sit up and bring my legs into a butterfly position and fold reach my head to the floor. Third, the upward facing dog. As I said, there are many others, but in a rush, these 3 give me the best stretch!
I follow a quick Asana Rebel routine. I like this best as it logs to my fitness ratings in my Apple Health for better tracking of my progress.
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?