I recently started a ballet class, so I've been stretching my hip flexors and back a lot. I really like laying on my back, arms outstretched and flat on the ground. I then bring my left leg up, reach you the outside of the knee with my right hand, and let my leg fall to the right side. It's a very calming stretch that doesn't force your body to do more than it's capable.
I like to use my foam roller. It gives me time to focus on different set of muscles and really get in deep in the tissue to relax me before I get in bed. I set up an area in my bedroom where I have the length and space to do a full roll!
Hip and shoulder stretches. I seem to carry lots of tension there, and they’re the most difficult to stretch well throughout the course of the day. (They’re also often done laying down— low effort, heh.)
I really like the Pidgeon pose in yoga because I find it comfortable to lay in, but still works as a stretch, by usually don't just do a single stretch on its own. Often in the morning I'll do some basic stretches to open up my joints, but at night I tend to do a full yoga routine for 15-20 minutes.
I enjoy several stretches, but there are two I personally feel I get the best stretch from. First, I sit on the floor, legs out straight and reach for my feet. Second, I sit up and bring my legs into a butterfly position and fold reach my head to the floor. Third, the upward facing dog. As I said, there are many others, but in a rush, these 3 give me the best stretch!
I follow a quick Asana Rebel routine. I like this best as it logs to my fitness ratings in my Apple Health for better tracking of my progress.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?