I recently started a ballet class, so I've been stretching my hip flexors and back a lot. I really like laying on my back, arms outstretched and flat on the ground. I then bring my left leg up, reach you the outside of the knee with my right hand, and let my leg fall to the right side. It's a very calming stretch that doesn't force your body to do more than it's capable.
I like to use my foam roller. It gives me time to focus on different set of muscles and really get in deep in the tissue to relax me before I get in bed. I set up an area in my bedroom where I have the length and space to do a full roll!
Hip and shoulder stretches. I seem to carry lots of tension there, and they’re the most difficult to stretch well throughout the course of the day. (They’re also often done laying down— low effort, heh.)
I really like the Pidgeon pose in yoga because I find it comfortable to lay in, but still works as a stretch, by usually don't just do a single stretch on its own. Often in the morning I'll do some basic stretches to open up my joints, but at night I tend to do a full yoga routine for 15-20 minutes.
I enjoy several stretches, but there are two I personally feel I get the best stretch from. First, I sit on the floor, legs out straight and reach for my feet. Second, I sit up and bring my legs into a butterfly position and fold reach my head to the floor. Third, the upward facing dog. As I said, there are many others, but in a rush, these 3 give me the best stretch!
I follow a quick Asana Rebel routine. I like this best as it logs to my fitness ratings in my Apple Health for better tracking of my progress.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?