Im usually too tired and sleepy for any sudden forceful movements that martial arts need but everyone is different, I'd just say to stretch before doing it
- Can I still do splits regardless of my age? Am I too old to be that flexible? How long will it take?
- Do push your self out of comfort zone while stretching or is it maybe more important and effective to do it often and not pushing very hard. Or does it even work without a little uncomfortableness?
- What is the best way to increase ankle and back flexibility?
- How do you improve your skills about stretching
- How do you maintain a stretching routine?
I'm not an expert, but my understanding is this kind of exercise raises the natural amount of brain derived neurotrophic factors (BDNF) in the brain.
If you take BDNF and poor it on a petrie dish of neurons, they start to grow connections like crazy. And I've heard that 30 min or so of aerobic activity can increase BDNF quantities by roughly 30 percent.
If you're feeling sleepy, and you're getting enough sleep, well, my understanding is that some people are biologically night owls, and others are not, so maybe your schedule just doesnt fit youre biorhythm?
If thats the case, maybe you can get some full spectrum lighting to help jog your circadian rhythm.
I have the UpLight, which is controlled by my phone and can simulate sunrise and sunset, so maybe that can help you? Its also a lot cheaper than some other false dawn sinulators out there.
So if you are a night owl, you could probably set a dawn time thats earlier than you need to wake up, and that triggers your body to think its later than it really is by the time you wake up. Although that light might actually wake you up if its right next to you, so play around and see what works for you.
If you feel sleepiness after waking up,you should try 3-2-1 rule.
It says when you want to do anything but you can't do it for that time just because of laziness. Then just countdown three two one and just go for the thing.you can change it with your simplicity.You can count it for five four three two one or ten nine….So on.but when you will say one it means you are ready to do that work.
Now after waking up you can do some jumping jacks if you want to be in your room or house,if you can,go for a walk.
I think It will help you.
Sorry for my weak English.
Tap tap tap!!! Tap into to ancient wisdom of qi gong and the practice of tapping on the meridians to move energy. 🙏🏻✨💎
Stop drop and shake it!! Shimmy shake and shuffle. Shaking every part of your body either strategically from the ground up (shaking the feet first and then making your way up) or just free for shake yo shit! 🙌
I use the YouTube channel Yoga with Adrienne for really great guided videos.
Martial arts would be cool, but I don't have the space for it right now.
If you have bags of energy then do whatever takes your fancy – I imagine a HIIT workout would properly yield results. Or just have a nice dance while making breakfast!
Start-off small play your favourite dance like no-one is watching song and jump to it, you can increase your time every week by adding another song.
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs
- How long do you normally stretch for?