I think it depends on duration. It's not a stretch, but could be considered exercise. Exercise is generally considered anything that raises your heart rate consistently for 10 minutes or more.
I don’t see a reason why the two need to be separate all the time! Something like Yoga is a great example of a way that you can combine both to create a peaceful more centered mind. I think it also depends on how fast you’re running and how far apart/how high the bleachers are. If you aren’t getting your knees up, there probably won’t be much stretch in your legs. Same goes for the arms, if you aren’t pumping them they aren’t getting any stretch. It’s definitely more on the cardio side in my mind, but I don’t think you can completely count out stretching as well.
I think it’s more of exercise. Stretching is something static to me, holding not fully comfortable but yet not painful pose.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?
- Kindly suggest few stretching exercises to be followed