The important thing is that you can feel the stretch. Don't push too hard. It's okay that your foot won't touch the floor yet. If you are trying to stretch the outside of your thigh, try crossing your leg over and hugging it to your chest instead. If you are trying to stretch your back muscles you can sit or stand and softly pull your arm across your body with your other arm or stand with it against a wall corner and turn gently. Stretch enough that it is mildly uncomfortable but never do it to the point that you are hurting. Btw, it's good to do a little warm up before you stretch (jumping jacks, dancing, short jog). Think of your muscles like silly putty. They stretch best when they are warm.
- What strech do you think is most effective?
- I stretch in the morning, but I am not sure how long I should be stretching for?
- Which body part would you consider essential to stretch?
- If anyone has any good stretch videos they can recommend I’d love to know!
- What kinds of stretches are good for hands and feet
- Sometimes I feel like I lie to myself when I tick the boxes. Have I done not enough?
- What are your favourite go to stretches? Which stretches do you use in your daily routine?
- How do you know where to start as a beginner that is inflexible. It seems like all of the guides really hurt when I try to follow them.
- I roll my neck to stretch it but it’s still pretty inflexible. Any other neck stretches?
- I want to know how to relax while stretching