The important thing is that you can feel the stretch. Don't push too hard. It's okay that your foot won't touch the floor yet. If you are trying to stretch the outside of your thigh, try crossing your leg over and hugging it to your chest instead. If you are trying to stretch your back muscles you can sit or stand and softly pull your arm across your body with your other arm or stand with it against a wall corner and turn gently. Stretch enough that it is mildly uncomfortable but never do it to the point that you are hurting. Btw, it's good to do a little warm up before you stretch (jumping jacks, dancing, short jog). Think of your muscles like silly putty. They stretch best when they are warm.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?