Depends on your starting point, general fitness, daily stretching regimen, etc. Real question…why do you want to be able to do a split?
Through practice and doing yoga, specifically hip openers, I was able to be able to do a full split after about a month and a half. Practice is key and stretching out those inner leg muscles that need to stretch for the split is important.
It depends. Some people are really flexible and can do it all the time. I stretch my legs every day. I recommend to stretch your legs and practice every day.
- How can I know if I’m doing something wrong?
- Are dynamic stretches or static stretches better in the morning?
- Has stretching made a visible and feel able difference?
- Do you need to be warm before you stretch ?
- yes.why only one minute stretch is enough ?
- What are the most effective stretches you’ve found to get blood flowing and feel energized?
- Is sticking with the same routine OK?
- Where do you do your morning stretch? Do you take time out, or just do it while brushing your teeth or waiting for the coffee pot?
- what time(s) of the day is it best to stretch, and for how long?
- Do you ever find the stretches hard, what do you do if they are too hard?