Depends on your starting point, general fitness, daily stretching regimen, etc. Real question…why do you want to be able to do a split?
Through practice and doing yoga, specifically hip openers, I was able to be able to do a full split after about a month and a half. Practice is key and stretching out those inner leg muscles that need to stretch for the split is important.
It depends. Some people are really flexible and can do it all the time. I stretch my legs every day. I recommend to stretch your legs and practice every day.
- Do you prefer stretching in the morning or the evening?
- what kind of stretching excercises would you reccomend?
- Do you notice a difference when you stretch vs when you do not?
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?