I have added several great stretching apps on my phone that have full body routines and routines that target certain areas. I'm also in PT and many of their suggested exercises really help with areas where I have a lot of pain, like my back.
For my sides, I will either do a standing side bend or something where I squeeze my shoulders back, rotate at the waist and then bend back slowly. These two usually do it for me.
Yes I do yoga 🧘♀️ every morning and therefore get lots of stretches in. If I have time I also do yoga 🧘♀️ in the evening
Lay on your back with your knees up extend one leg up straight then slowly lower it to the floor. Repeat this with the other leg and do as many reps as you can. To get at your sides shift your weight to one hip and twist while you do this.
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?
- How many days would you stretch the same area? Or is there a plan for what areas to stretch in a certain order?
- What stretches can I do in the Morning to quickly loosen all my muscles?