Before exercise i do my warm up to get the blood flow to all muscles 💪🏼 and stretch after the workout 🏋🏻♀️ to let them relax
Both if it's anything cardio or coordination based. That way I can really appreciate how my muscles respond once I'm warmed up. If I'm lifting weights I only stretch after because intense stretching can compromise strength in the short term.
Stretching before helps with not pulling any muscles when working out. It helps waken the body up to whatever movements that are getting ready to happen. It's best that way.
I mostly stretch before and after but need to work on consistency with this. Ideally I would recommend stretches before and after
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?