Move slowly, easing your body into each stretch. Warm muscles will help, some jumping jacks prior to stretches can ensure your body is ready to move. Don’t force any stretches, but let gravity shift you gently downward into your stretches.
As I have heard it is not so simple for people who I have talked to, but for myself (very tall and flexible) I really feel the pain points resolving when standing up I put one hand behind the head to keep the chin on the chest, with the other one I'm touching the floor when I can and with force "bang" my head towards my knee until they touch. It takes about 10 tries to either side and makes me feel a bit cold later where the knots usually are and pain was.
- Which combination is the best when you do 1 minute stretch?
- What’s the best one stretch for tight hip flexor muscles?
- What others have included in there stretching habits
- What is a great easy, quick stretch?
- How do you stretch your lower back?
- What are the best stretching exercises that you have seen positive results from?
- Stretches for lower back?
- Do you focus more on stretching before or after a workout?
- What is your favorite time of day to stretch?
- How do you stretch before yoga?