I like to lie on a bed pull my knees up to my chest and arch my back. Also sitting in the floor, in a criss cross applesauce style or Indian style, and grab my hands while they are high above my head reach towards the sky.
Gooogle yoga for back and pelvic muscles and select one of the YouTube videos. I like the “Yoga with Adriane” videos which are short, easy yoga instruction videos that get very specific on what areas of the body you want to focus on.
There's about 3 stretches I know for this. Butterfly stretch, wherein you sit on the floor with your feet together and push down on your knees. Modified hurdle strech, where you keep one leg bent and one leg straight on the floor and reach out to your toes, ankle if you can't. And pidgeon (?) stretch where you keep one leg perpendicular to your body and straighten the other out behind you then straighten your back and sink down on your hips.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?