The key here is building enough core strength to keep your spine upright while squatting. Think of your belly button pulling back to your spine, and the crown of your head reaching up to the ceiling. This upward imagery and alignment will help you get down into this low position with control.
Also, use props under your seat to gradually make your way closer to the floor each week.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?