You should stretch for as long as you need to. Listen to your body as you stretch to find what parts are stiff and could use some release and also what areas might be in pain, to stretch more lightly in thlse areas. I'd say minimum 5 minutes but longer might be better
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?