I do yoga because I feel like it incorporates both mobility and stretching as well as some strengthening. I think both are probably good to do but stretching might be slightly advantageous. I think it’s also dependent on how old one is because mobility work would be beneficial the older we get because mobility goes down with age.
I also do hip and spine mobility work and try to work on some other joints too every day. That way I can mix it up every time.
Yes, I carry my stress in my shoulders nad upper back, and this has greatly affected my mobility in general. Working this out is a daily commitment.
- How often do you stretch?
- How do you think stretching helps you you? Not just physically, but mentally too.
- Do you prefer stretching in the morning or the evening?
- what kind of stretching excercises would you reccomend?
- Do you notice a difference when you stretch vs when you do not?
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?