The first one is side stretch. So with your legs in a wide stance put your right hand on your hip and your left hand over your head and been to your right hold for 10+ seconds and then do the opposite side.
The second one I find effective is a wide leg stretch. With your legs wider than your shoulders bend forward and touch the ground. While you're down there take both hands to your right ankle and stretch and then to your left ankle, then back to the middle. Hold each stretch 10+ seconds.
The 3rd stretch that I do daily…with your feet hip-width apart take your arm straight up over your head and pointing your hand to the ceiling then slowly bend backwards continuing to look up at the ceiling. Go as far as you can without losing your balance. Hold for 10+ seconds.
Those three stretches I do daily, several times throughout my day to help rejuvenate me especially since I do a lot of sitting at a desk during the day.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?