The first one is side stretch. So with your legs in a wide stance put your right hand on your hip and your left hand over your head and been to your right hold for 10+ seconds and then do the opposite side.
The second one I find effective is a wide leg stretch. With your legs wider than your shoulders bend forward and touch the ground. While you're down there take both hands to your right ankle and stretch and then to your left ankle, then back to the middle. Hold each stretch 10+ seconds.
The 3rd stretch that I do daily…with your feet hip-width apart take your arm straight up over your head and pointing your hand to the ceiling then slowly bend backwards continuing to look up at the ceiling. Go as far as you can without losing your balance. Hold for 10+ seconds.
Those three stretches I do daily, several times throughout my day to help rejuvenate me especially since I do a lot of sitting at a desk during the day.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?