I like to put my chin into my chest and reach for my ankles or toes. I feel that stretch all the way from my neck and through my back
Sit up straight on your left hand and and use your right on your head to stretch your neck to the right. Then repeat on the other side
Relaxed, long stretches will definitely work better than aggressive and short ones. Take your time and focus on your muscles.
In a seated position I sit on one hand, or place it under my bottom, and then tilt my head to the opposite site. This creates a lovely stretch.
I would have to recommend gentle stretches that won’t put any more strain one you body, so for example to stretch your neck, just roll your head from side to side; not the whole way round.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?