Any stretch that allows me to elongate my back and neck. I can feel the energy flowing up and I feel like I am more empowered and in my body.
It's the neck stretch. I stretch to each side, raising my arm over my head, placing the hand on my ear and pulling, to help the stretch. Then I place both hands on the back of my head pressing the head and the hands CAREFULLY together to stretch the back of the neck. I finish off with carefully rolling my head on each side. This helps relieve tension in my neck, and is excellent if you work a lot in front of a screen.
I like to do lunges the most. I'm in marching band, so lunges are really good for my legs. I can start the day with lunges, or use them to stretch my legs after a long day of marching.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?