For me, it’s been morning. I do it before everything else, because I want to make sure nothing distracts me from sitting. I also don’t meditate at night usually because I’ve found it’s harder for me to stay awake then.
I use morning meditation for several key reasons: focus, centre myself and energize.
Evening meditation is mainly to quiet the mind and reflect, setting you up for relaxed and thought free night of sleep.
If I had to choose, I would say morning though, as your brain naturally easier time to get into the perfect brainwave pattern for deep meditation, however, some people, like me, tend to simply fall back to sleep that way 🤣
For me deep meditation is easiest and most effective later in the day after physical exercise.
I meditate once a day to ground myself. Morning mediation sometimes lack the concentration and I’m usually too tired not to fall asleep. It also stresses me because if I’d be dependent on morning meditation I might get disappointed if the children wake up during a session. Therefore I usually meditate as part of my evening routine before going to bed.
In the end, I still need to keep trying to Daley a good evening routine drink water, read, turn the lights out, no tv or snacks, meditate, and get a good restful sleep every night.
I would guess if you had to choose, it would be which one is right for you.
- How do you feel after meditation?
- How do you meditate well through illness or feeling pain? I find I struggle to breathe gently if I’m snuffling with a heavy cold and find it difficult to find peaceful calm in the face of persistent pain. Does anyone have strategies for meditating through these sort of challenges?
- Do you feel that meditation helps you?
- When do you find it easier to meditate: early in the day or to help wind down at night?
- How does one move from guided meditations to self directed meditation?
- How do I suppose to feel when meditate?
- How often do you recommend meditation?
- Best application to help me meditate?
- What part of meditation is your favorite?
- How do you motivate yourself to accomplish your habits when you’re busy?