For me, it’s been morning. I do it before everything else, because I want to make sure nothing distracts me from sitting. I also don’t meditate at night usually because I’ve found it’s harder for me to stay awake then.
I use morning meditation for several key reasons: focus, centre myself and energize.
Evening meditation is mainly to quiet the mind and reflect, setting you up for relaxed and thought free night of sleep.
If I had to choose, I would say morning though, as your brain naturally easier time to get into the perfect brainwave pattern for deep meditation, however, some people, like me, tend to simply fall back to sleep that way 🤣
For me deep meditation is easiest and most effective later in the day after physical exercise.
I meditate once a day to ground myself. Morning mediation sometimes lack the concentration and I’m usually too tired not to fall asleep. It also stresses me because if I’d be dependent on morning meditation I might get disappointed if the children wake up during a session. Therefore I usually meditate as part of my evening routine before going to bed.
In the end, I still need to keep trying to Daley a good evening routine drink water, read, turn the lights out, no tv or snacks, meditate, and get a good restful sleep every night.
I would guess if you had to choose, it would be which one is right for you.
- What helps you stay focused?
- How to sit for a good meditation time.
- Guided or non guided???
- How long did it take you to be able to meditate without your mind wandering?
- Is it better to listen to something or have pure silence during meditation?
- What’s the best position to meditate?
- How much time should I spend on meditation?
- Any recommendations for good guided meditation ?
- What’s the most effective means of meditation.
- How does meditation help?