I tend to disconnect two hours before sleep and put my phone on charge overnight out of reach and read a book and do meditation before sleep
Well, thanks to my 4 year old's bedtime routine, I put my phone aside around 7:30 – 7:45ish until we get him to sleep. Then, not gonna lie, I usually pick my phone back up (as this is my only free time) and either finish whatever project I may have been working on or simply to scroll for maybe 30 minutes. I end up getting tired and wanting to turn everything off by 9:30pm or so.
At the moment i disconnect at around 11 because time just seems to get away with me sometimes it’s even later but i want it to be 10/10:30
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?