I tend to disconnect two hours before sleep and put my phone on charge overnight out of reach and read a book and do meditation before sleep
Well, thanks to my 4 year old's bedtime routine, I put my phone aside around 7:30 – 7:45ish until we get him to sleep. Then, not gonna lie, I usually pick my phone back up (as this is my only free time) and either finish whatever project I may have been working on or simply to scroll for maybe 30 minutes. I end up getting tired and wanting to turn everything off by 9:30pm or so.
At the moment i disconnect at around 11 because time just seems to get away with me sometimes it’s even later but i want it to be 10/10:30
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?