I make sure the room is dark and that I am comfortable. I read my book so that I can take time out from the real world and soon it makes me so relaxed that I have to put the book down. I then make sure that I am comfortable again and try to turn my mind off.
I guess I have cut down. I use this app and use my phone for ambient sleep music and read before bed. Not really unplugged I guess. Progress. My aim is to set everything an hour or so before bed.
Reading and guided meditation are the last two things I do before bed. While I'm using my phone for both (soft, relaxing music while reading), it's done in a way to further calm me down vs. cause more anxiety, such as when I read the news or scroll through social media. If/when I can completely cut phone use I will, but for now it's difficult.
L O C.
I've set an alarm for about 30 min before the actual alarm, to remind me that I'll have to finish soon. Then, when the alarn goes off at 23:00 I'm ready to completely unplug, or I've already done it earlier. Then, when the alarm goes off, I stop everything, put it all as far away as possible, go shower, do my "before bed" routine, and head off to bed.
It's an everyday struggle since I'm very active in social media and I also stay alone which leaves me no other option than to use my social media to connect with people. But once you prioritize your sleep and understand how much it is important, you'll have to stop using it . Though the first few days are difficult, it'll get into a habit. And the next thing is, I always use social media to know what's happening around and to gain knowledge too. So since now I know what's taking me back again and again, I make sure I read a lot to compensate to what I might be missing. Also I've started incorporating the habit of reading newspaper( or at least trying) , I believe it'll keep me informed. Making a separate time for social media , let's say one hour a day and sticking to it might also help.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!