Gratitude for the day which has gone by to appreciate it. My bedtime affirmations to end the day well. Finally unplug from my devices for a while before sleep to give me some time away from the screen.
As someone who has struggled with insomnia and unhealthy patterns with sleep, having a nightly routine that is desirable is what I’ve found to work best for me. For me, that’s necessary beauty regimen ( wash face (if haven’t Already done so/ toner/ night cream. Upped my pajama game (I live alone) so making sure I’m not in crummy looking sweats 24/7 is key (especially in the pandemic). I always have two waters for bed – I drink a lot of water! Essential oils on Feet with cozy socks, wrists and temples, do not disturb on my phone from 10pm-7am and no tv past a half hour before desired sleep time (so shut off find is usually 10pm) . I use that half hour following to read/ listen to a podcast that will usually put me to sleep. Lights are off at 10pm unless I’m reading, I like being cooler bc you can always add layers, hot sleep is the worst!
Writing a positivity journal every evening and then editating before sleep; calms me down and helps me focus on the good things in life, reinforces my gratitude
Eug Nia S.
My evening routine consists of washing my face, brushing my teeth, taking my meds and playing with my dogs. I was lacking in all of these areas and now I am completing them every evening.
Ne Teles P.
I usually do a face routine with florencebymills products. Then I’ll go to my room and read a book or I will scroll on Instagram for a little then go to sleep
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?