I have the alarm on my iPhone set on a sleep/wake cycle. When it’s wind down time, my phone goes to Do Not Disturb mode. There are short cuts in this mode so that I can access my sleep app (Calm) without opening the rest of my phone or seeing notifications or any other distractions till morning.
Yes, sometimes I use a different app to listen to a sound bath, or just play some music or guided meditation. Last week I didn’t do as good but this week I am back on track. I hopefully have a job lined up which will make a huge difference on my ability to focus and remain positive.
Personally, I use the “Flora” app to block out my phone when I want to work. This isn’t the only one that’s out there, but I find that it generally works for me. I also usually try to put my phone out of sight/reach as an extra layer of security.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?