I mostly take the phone into my bedroom and place it under a pillow.
I dislike notifications and alerts. Most of my notifications are turned off and my phone is always on silent.
I have found that if I see a screen I instantly want to check it. Placing the phone under the pillow reduces temptations to check when I walk into the room.
In order to reduce the anxiety of missing out on someone contacting me I check in with the people I want. I call family to hear how they are doing.
I avoid texting in order to reduce the time I’m waiting for the response. And reduce the time I spend on my phone responding to text messages.
I make green tea and I check every thing including ticking faboules then I put the phone on charge in the living room with my smart watch.
Ilay in my bed with my green tea and if I’m not sleepy I read.
I always have books next to my bed.
Turning off the WiFi or internet data on my cellphone.
Putting my cellphone away from my bed
Not having electronical devices on my room (just the necessary)
At night, I will be prepared approximately one hour before the disconnection time. Some times I set a timer, other times I just simply check often. And when it is time to disconnect, I shut down the cell phone screen no matter where I am on the net. Sometimes I allow myself ~10 minutes to wrap up.
When I sleep, I keep the cell phone at least 2 meters away from the bed. So even if I wake up in the night and think about the things to check, I do not want to take the trouble to get up and check the cell phone.
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.