I mostly take the phone into my bedroom and place it under a pillow.
I dislike notifications and alerts. Most of my notifications are turned off and my phone is always on silent.
I have found that if I see a screen I instantly want to check it. Placing the phone under the pillow reduces temptations to check when I walk into the room.
In order to reduce the anxiety of missing out on someone contacting me I check in with the people I want. I call family to hear how they are doing.
I avoid texting in order to reduce the time I’m waiting for the response. And reduce the time I spend on my phone responding to text messages.
I make green tea and I check every thing including ticking faboules then I put the phone on charge in the living room with my smart watch.
Ilay in my bed with my green tea and if I’m not sleepy I read.
I always have books next to my bed.
Turning off the WiFi or internet data on my cellphone.
Putting my cellphone away from my bed
Not having electronical devices on my room (just the necessary)
At night, I will be prepared approximately one hour before the disconnection time. Some times I set a timer, other times I just simply check often. And when it is time to disconnect, I shut down the cell phone screen no matter where I am on the net. Sometimes I allow myself ~10 minutes to wrap up.
When I sleep, I keep the cell phone at least 2 meters away from the bed. So even if I wake up in the night and think about the things to check, I do not want to take the trouble to get up and check the cell phone.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!