I switch off my phone every night by 9 have been doing this for weeks. Just do it turn off your, have a herbal tea , have a nice bath and settle down for the night .
I think it depends on how responsive you are to accountability through an app. Personally, I have not been successful with this in the past. However, now that the Fabulous app reminds me to do it each night I will comply. I won't be able to check it off my list if I don't actually complete the task. I haven't yet attempted this without accountability. I hope that helps.
Usually I’m pretty good, however I have a lot going on at the moment and am unsettled due to not living in my own personal home .
Usually my disconnect routine is absolutely great. I generally have good bed hugiene
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?