Tetris. Many games actually. It is my intention to read more books this year and not WASTE time anymore. I want to spend time working on me- gaining intelligence, "worth", skills, etc. No more wasting precious time on mindlessness.
I would be willing to give up one of my shopping apps. I need to spend less money on non essential items. I use Chrome the most and sometimes yes I do need to use it. When it comes to my phone, I get most of my information from Chrome. I read news articles, find recipes, research info about any given random topic I can think of… of course most of the time I spend on it is unnecessary but it is still an invaluable resource.
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.