I put my phone down and dont look at it. I either turn my laptop off set music up to play quietly in the background. I read, or go for a walk without my headphones so I can connect to the world around me.
I put my electronic devices far away from me, I even change of room if I can, not to see them anymore and not to be tempted. I also open a book and dive in it, or I do sport, or any manuel activity. Or I spend time with my loved ones so I'm disconnected. Good luck 🙂
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?