I think 2 to 3 hours before is a good time. If that sounds like too much you should ease into it starting with 30mins or an hour.
I also sleep at midnight. in my experience I start to wind down around 11:00. if whatever I'm doing happens to take longer I try to get it done by 11:30 at the latest. since I'm a student and have a lot of homework, my "wind-down" time is getting ready for bed. (I don't really have time to sit and read a book for fun) my night time routine is about 30 minutes so that's the perfect time for me to be disconnected long enough for me to get ready for sleep. I try to disconnect by 11 because I know it takes a while for me to actually fall asleep. so by disconnecting at 11 I finish getting ready for bed by 11:30 (which is the 30 minutes of being disconnected) and then I have time to sit in the dark and relax before actually falling asleep by midnight
I'd suggest 11.30 at latest. This will give you time to slow down, stop thinking about everything else and get into the mood for sleep. Half an hour should be enough to finalise any extras you have and get into the flow of sleep routine. That's how I try to do it and seems to be working for me. Hope it helps.
It is scientifically proven that you shouldn't be on technology right before bed. So an hour or two before actually going to bed.
I usually try disconnect at least one hour before going to sleep. This gives me time to meditate and read, which helps me fall asleep much more easier.
Probably 30min prior, if you have things going on in your socials . But if you don't care that much, it's okay to disconnect at least 1 hour prior.
- I sometimes cannot disconnect from the news and work and the hectic life around me that I find myself getting anxious and just want to not be around anyone. What is the best way to pause and realize that life is okay and to be present in the moment?
- I usually disconnect for a while in the afternoon and obviously at some point at night. When do you think the best time to unplug and disconnect is?
- Is there anything new you have found to do away from your phone or laptop to sprur on enthusiasm for creativity?
- If you’ve disconnected – how do you tick off “disconnected” in Fabulous lol
- How do you keep your focus while doing something like reading? Do you get bored easily?
- How can I start including more exercise in my lifestyle?
- What are some examples of activities that you do as a replacement for idle Internet browsing?
- How do you unwind yourself quickly as soon as when you wake up
- What other habits help you to disconnect and unplug?
- What entertainment that doesn’t involve the phone/devices would be good for disconnecting?