Consistency is key so if all is well then set a timer for when you want to unwind and disconnect from the blue screen so you can stay in tune with yourself by reading something new or anything creative that suits you.
2. Keep phone charging station in the kitchen or living room, anywhere but the bedrooms.
3. Invest in a basic alarm which you can use in your bedroom.
The habit that helps me is to silently unplug early on and decide the time to do it in the day so that I won’t miss it in the night .
I would know I have adhered to my schedule .
Moreover doing more meaningful activities like reading a book and writing in your journal are far more fulfilling activities rather than blankly staring at the social media . One has to just gets. Taste and similarly learn how to can’t do without fulfilling activities , to be able to give it up at night .
But once given up the sleep is so much more sound and better .
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?