Tell your family or housemates about your plan. Make a cup of tea and choose a book before you start your routine. It will seem more meaningful. Then plug your devices in, thus putting them to bed too.
Put your phone away from you so you have to get up to get it. Put the “night” mode where you stop receiving notifications after a certain hour. Avoid applications where you scroll uncontrollably
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?