Maybe whatsapp or tiktok cause when i open whatsapp i am always afraid of people that spreaded rumours about me and thats just scary and when i hear a notification about it i look as fast as i can and tiktok: i just love tiktok and i cant stop watching what other people do AND THAT can actually make you insecure i am pretty insecure about my belly even if it doesnt have much belly fat but that TikTok girls just make you insecure this was my reply on your comment💝 have a nice day
It is a phantom limb at this point. I will pick it up out of habit, not for a particular purpose sometimes. Although I do hate having notifications, and compulsively clear them – I also have a bit of FOMO about it if I try to turn notifications off. It’s a disaster!
I don’t have any major social media apps, but I have Pinterest and YouTube. I typically scroll through those in my free time and then time flys by and I realize how much time I spend on it.
Thank you for your question. What tiggers me the most to pick up my phone is when I see all the notifications. In my mind I’m thinking that I have to answer all of them to get rid of the stress when it really is stressing me TO get through all of the numbered notifications instead. I consciously have to remind myself to let it go. Focus on the present not the future. Thank you for letting me share.
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.