I use Spotify, there are loads of relaxing playlists. I also do Kundalini Yoga, which makes me feel energised and sleepy at the same time! And as I've found using this app, reading at bedtime is a must!
Listen to white noise or quiet songs you can sleep to. Reading also relaxes you. I do a skincare routine to get myself ready for bed and feel refreshed when I wake up
I read self help books, play cards with my husband, draw or meditate. I always read because it’s just nice and the rule is at least 3 pages/day. It may not seem much but on difficult days it makes a big difference to have a goal
For winding down I like to have a cup of lavender or chamomile tea and read a book. To entertain myself I usually turn on some music and dance
Meditation is something I enjoy. Even listening to Abraham Hicks motivational talks. Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are all universal love and part of a tapestry. The best quote that calms me down is I know where I’m supposed to be, and I need to breathe. That mantra and deep breaths wind me down.
Reading a book or colouring is a good place to start, I would say. Something, that will help you gain a one track mind without a screen, is preferable.
Listening to ambient music, do some basic stretches and then relax with the music focusing on your breathing. Dont try to change anything with the breathing just notice itna it is
I like to have a small routine if actively getting myself ready for bed. Turning off lights, making herbal tea, getting my clothes ready for tomorrow, getting a bottle of water for beside my bed. It helps me to use up some time before bed and reassure myself that I have everything ready for the next day so I dint need to worry as I fall asleep. I enjoy reading simple books or things like poetry because I don't get too involved in them, so I'm less likely to want "just one more chapter" .
Im currently moving, so I have been spending time making my house my own a little bit at a time in the evenings. I also journal. So I journal quickly how my day was in my calendar, but then I also journal for a longer time all the random thoughts and prayers I have. If I'm still not tired, I read a book. I'm currently reading through the Chronicles of Narnia.
- What can help anxiety?
- What do you do with your time after you disconnect from technology?
- How do you get yourself to put your phone down?
- What do you do when you have a day where everything is going right, and you have no reason, yet your attitude is just tired and snappy, even if at the start of the day everything was well, happy, and excited?
- I have a hard time figuring out what time I should disconnect & unplug because before starting this challenge I slept at various times & always watched tv in the night so I’m confused on what I should do to make sure I hv a steady routine n going to sleep & getting off electronics.
- Have you found it hard to stay away from your devices and what have you done to resist the urge to go on them?
- I don’t know how I’m on my phone a lot.
- Some apps like this one, journaling or meditation apps are part of my evening ritual. So how do I stop using the phone and unwind without loosing the advantages of those apps?
- When I can’t sleep I usually end up scrolling though my phone. Tips for stopping?
- What do you do if you’re feeling tired and stressed out?