Also not having social media easily accessible helps too. Having those social media’s on my desktop makes it less desirable.
Also if I get the urge to share my own pictures and accomplishments with the world, I just remind myself that pride comes before the fall. I don’t want to brag or show off my accomplishments anymore. I want my actions to speak louder than the words/pictures I post. Having a few pictures of major accomplishments like graduation, wedding, or kids is good. But if you start putting stuff everyday, you are only looking for attention and when you don’t get it, that leads to discouragement and stress and anxiety.
They didn’t have this stuff in any other generation throughout the entire history! This is the first time we have social media and there are mental and emotional as well as physical consequences related to it.
Just disconnect And live your life to the fullest!
I also leave my phone out of the room when I go to bed so that I don’t use it before I fall asleep and I don’t use when I wake up.
I would suggest if you want to keep the Apps on your phone to turn off the notifications.
- What do you do when: eyes closed, lights off… and suddenly you start thinking about what you have to do tomorrow?
- When you disconnect but your mind is still busy and distracted, how do you calm it?
- How do you disconnect & unplug if you have to use your phone to check the evening routine as done?
- How soon before bed is recommended to disconnect? And what are your favorite ways to get ready for bed that don’t involve your phone?
- What is an alternative? My phone has become my safety blanket. What is something I can use instead during awkward situations?
- I would really love a solid way to minimize social media use in my down time??
- How long before going to bed do you put the phone down?
- Do you guys listen to music when you go to bed?
- Q regarding Disconnect : would it be improvement if I cant shut all of the tech off..to atleast cut back. For ex. I just got a new book. I’ll read tonight instead of TV..etc.
- How do you limit TV time?