Also not having social media easily accessible helps too. Having those social media’s on my desktop makes it less desirable.
Also if I get the urge to share my own pictures and accomplishments with the world, I just remind myself that pride comes before the fall. I don’t want to brag or show off my accomplishments anymore. I want my actions to speak louder than the words/pictures I post. Having a few pictures of major accomplishments like graduation, wedding, or kids is good. But if you start putting stuff everyday, you are only looking for attention and when you don’t get it, that leads to discouragement and stress and anxiety.
They didn’t have this stuff in any other generation throughout the entire history! This is the first time we have social media and there are mental and emotional as well as physical consequences related to it.
Just disconnect And live your life to the fullest!
I also leave my phone out of the room when I go to bed so that I don’t use it before I fall asleep and I don’t use when I wake up.
I would suggest if you want to keep the Apps on your phone to turn off the notifications.
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?