I find that rewarding myself for stopping on time is the most effective way to build that habit. It is very difficult for me and I find that positive reinforcement works best.
Give myself 5 minutes. One for the toilet, one to have a drink and three for reflection. Why do I want to stop if I'm enjoying myself? Do I have to stop? What's the worse that could happen if I don't stop?
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.