I try different times to do things til I see what works.
If you putter a little to much when tidying up (“oh… that’s where this was! Let me look at it and then put it away…” and time passes so I’m late) one thing that can work is a timer.
Decide when you’re going to be in bed. When you start tidying set the timer so it rings at the time you need to stop and when it rings… stop exactly where you are. Don’t finish what you’re doing. Just stop.
Or if you like the puttering, start the process earlier.
Play with it and see what works.
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?