I have unfollowed everyone except close family and friends who I actually want to talk to.
This also works with groups you're part of. They stay on your account but won't show up on your newsfeed all the time and distract you from your important family.
You could delete the app for Facebook and have to log into the browser page each time.
Over time you may change the habit of being constantly logged in and only check at a certain time of day.
I've also got an app called ActionDash which I can set app time limits. For example I've set my internet browser to 2hrs limit a day so I'm forced to only go on for important things.
Hope this helps.
- What should I do when I am not using my phone?
- How do you limit yourself for using social media?
- How long does it normally take to getting into a better routine around disconnecting?
- How can you stop idle internet browsing ?
- How do you distract yourself from your screens after disconnecting?
- Any creative ways of breaking phone addiction?
- How do you avoid using your phone before you go to bed?
- Where do you keep your phone after you disconnected for the evening?
- I am surrounded by screens. What should I do to avoid them ?
- Once you are looking at an app or into a game, how do you escape the “just one other thing” vicious cycle?