I have unfollowed everyone except close family and friends who I actually want to talk to.
This also works with groups you're part of. They stay on your account but won't show up on your newsfeed all the time and distract you from your important family.
You could delete the app for Facebook and have to log into the browser page each time.
Over time you may change the habit of being constantly logged in and only check at a certain time of day.
I've also got an app called ActionDash which I can set app time limits. For example I've set my internet browser to 2hrs limit a day so I'm forced to only go on for important things.
Hope this helps.
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?