I have unfollowed everyone except close family and friends who I actually want to talk to.
This also works with groups you're part of. They stay on your account but won't show up on your newsfeed all the time and distract you from your important family.
You could delete the app for Facebook and have to log into the browser page each time.
Over time you may change the habit of being constantly logged in and only check at a certain time of day.
I've also got an app called ActionDash which I can set app time limits. For example I've set my internet browser to 2hrs limit a day so I'm forced to only go on for important things.
Hope this helps.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?