I have unfollowed everyone except close family and friends who I actually want to talk to.
This also works with groups you're part of. They stay on your account but won't show up on your newsfeed all the time and distract you from your important family.
You could delete the app for Facebook and have to log into the browser page each time.
Over time you may change the habit of being constantly logged in and only check at a certain time of day.
I've also got an app called ActionDash which I can set app time limits. For example I've set my internet browser to 2hrs limit a day so I'm forced to only go on for important things.
Hope this helps.
- What do you do to disconnect& unplug, if your mind is still full of to do’s? How do you prepare to disconnect?
- How do you disconnect from the perceived intense connections and relationships with others?
- I don’t really understand what it means by disconnecting and unplugging?
- How can we disconnect and unplug when we are supposed to be using the Fabulous app (this requires the use of my phone)?
- What’s best to do instead of using my phone before bed?
- Do we need to disconnect an hour before we go to bed or before we go bed?
- Does this mean all screens? Like iPad iPhone tv and laptop into one? Because i watch TV to relax before bed (TV is in the lounge room so I still have to walk to my room afterwards) I’m disciplined with only watching one episode. Then disconnect is i just use my phone only for the fabulous app or urgent family messages then put it on silent. Is that enough?
- Any tricks for not being tempted by your phone?
- How do I stop my self from watching YouTube or Netflix on my laptop till 1:00 am?
- When disconnecting from the phone what’s a good way to insure you won’t be tempted to use it?