I really hope this helps!
Personally, I switched the social media apps to creative ones that will motivate me everyday. Simple things like design books quotations travel journaling… etc or any other field/s that interest you!
You will feel better having spent your time on something YOU enjoy.
Also, using this app during working hours has helped me stay focused and on task and avoid social.
Setting blocks to allow for social media also helps. You know you can get on from this time to this time and don’t feel guilty for it
Hope this helps!
Allow yourself a chance to watch one YouTube video but NO VIDEO GAMES!
2. If you have thoughts or feelings you want to share. Don't post it on social media. Try journalling instead.
3. Replace the habit of scrolling Facebook, Instagram by other healthy habits like reading books, swimming, DIY…
Find a substitute for social media when you have an urge.
It’s very hard to do. Good luck!
Unless urgent, since i’m in sales, I try everyday to adhere to a 5-hour total communicating thru social media. I also select which media are more productive for me and which do not necessarily develop my personality/ profession.
If you’re using them on a computer, change the password to something you can’t remember (but write it down somewhere if you really need to use it, but keep that in a hard to get place).
On your phone you can delete the app and/or use parental controls to block or limit access to the app or website. You can also bury the app in an app grouping that is hard to get to and requires lots of scrolling to do on.
On any other device: delete/disable.
Before doing any of these, you may want to announce on social media that you’re doing these, so people don’t wonder what happened to you. Let them know you won’t be reading the comments anytime soon.
Think of social media as a place for people to tag you and you to verify that the tag was correct and nothing else.
Next was a cleanup of the people I'm following on the platforms I do enjoy; I unfollowed or muted all people that were draining my energy or like to rant about negative subjects (to me that's politics and soccer). I also added some filters in Twitter to ban tweets with certain keywords.
Good luck my friend!
Don’t have social media saved as favorites on your computer toolbars.
Put time limits on apps use on your phone.
So – it sounds really obvious – but I just deleted the apps from my devices and in FB’s case, deactivated my account. I am revenue generative to them and it has no net benefit to me to have an account on the platform. If I want to connect with family and friends it’s more deliberate and high quality – I call (!!) my parents rather than msg / post trivialities online…I can still use those platforms if I really want to but it has to be far more deliberate (using a browser etc) and putting some resistance in front of their use forces me to be more considered in my use. Rather than it being an easy distraction…
If you mean in terms of using them to show off yourself and / or to see others showing off and affirming their fantastic lives: bear in mind that the inly thing that matter is NOW and HERE
I have an Instagram account only to join pages to learn about my interests.
Try to restrict just to a few times a day.
Consider blocking or limiting time on your devices, using things like Screen Time
Unfollow or block users who aren’t really your friends
Remember that it’s just a form of procrastination. Try to meet friends in real life rather than passively observe online.
2. Be busy while at your computer
3. Every time you want to share something take an additional 30 mins. If you still want to share it then write a post
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.