It’s one thing to do an activity before bedtime but once you lie down you need to stop. Our brain is constantly in fight or flight mode with all the messages we receive whether through work, emails and texts or even reading and we must learn to block the day out for a restful night sleep. I do simple breathing exercises: breathe in through your nose, hold and breathe out through your mouth for whatever amount of time that is comfortable for you at each step. Since I am focused on breathing I just relax and fall asleep 😴.
El Na Z.
I usually listen to a podcast!! I’ve got a few that allow me to just listen in because I find the content interesting but not troubling, like a bedtime story. So, rather than listening to current news or interviews, I’ll listen to a podcast about certain days in history, war stories, true crime! I actually really like falling asleep to the Dateline podcast!! Haha! But also the adventure zone was really fun to listen to when I started back at episode one.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!