About 2 hrs before I go to sleep I disconnect and put some mellow music on and read a couple pages of a good book…
I hope this helps u in ur journey
I usually disconnect from my phone for about 30 minutes before bedtime but watch tv until it is time to go upstairs to bed. However I travel a lot for my job and when I am in a hotel I don’t turn the tv on at all and spend time before turning the lights off reading a few chapters in a book
At this time, I am only disconnecting 30 to 45 minutes before sleeping. I would like to get it more around the 1 hour mark at minimum
Only about 30 minutes before. I want to get into the habit of disconnecting about an hour before bed. This will allow me time for an evening meditation and reading and to not down anything I need to consider the next day.
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?