Practice meditation. Drink an efficient amount of water. Darken your sleep area as much as possible. When I was younger I used to think in my head, “I’m laying in a dark, dark room” over and over. Now it’s the ocean crashing with each breath I take. I take myself outside of MY thoughts and worries, and nearly force myself into thinking about the waves crashing against the beach, or anything that may help calm you, like the wind blowing through the leaves.
If you can’t sleep, than it could be the fact that you haven’t disconnected. Take some time before bed, maybe half an hour or so, to just read, draw, write, meditate, shower or do anything not screen-related. This is the best way to prepare yourself for sleep. The rest will come.
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.