Practice meditation. Drink an efficient amount of water. Darken your sleep area as much as possible. When I was younger I used to think in my head, “I’m laying in a dark, dark room” over and over. Now it’s the ocean crashing with each breath I take. I take myself outside of MY thoughts and worries, and nearly force myself into thinking about the waves crashing against the beach, or anything that may help calm you, like the wind blowing through the leaves.
If you can’t sleep, than it could be the fact that you haven’t disconnected. Take some time before bed, maybe half an hour or so, to just read, draw, write, meditate, shower or do anything not screen-related. This is the best way to prepare yourself for sleep. The rest will come.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?