I usually put my phone on silent and put it in another room the alarm works when on silent. I also think a watch is still better than a phone as the bright light from a phone check can keep you awake.
What I usually do is about half an hour before bed I set all my alarms for the next day and find some relaxing music to play. If you have Apple Music there’s a playlist called Bedtime Beats that’s really nice or you can use the music that plays in the Fabulous moment. Then I put my phone down until the next morning, do my evening routine and fall asleep to whatever is playing.
I also use my phone alarm, actually i used the alarm “the fabulous” from this app to wake up and do my morning routine. What i do when going to bed is to put my phone on airplane mode and away from my bed, that way it’s like the phone isn’t there. When the alarm goes off the next day, i have to get out of bed and walk to turn it off, so there’s no time to stay in bed thinking about how hard your day is going to be. 🙂
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?