I do not, but it is the lesser of two evils. I can see using a tablet when the larger fonts is easier to read. I am experimenting because of the lighting and font sizes is not comfortable enough for me to read a book. At the moment I am using Google Books read me a book out loud. So, that too is not entirely unplugging. Books are important, it great to get into them any way is comfortable for you. Enjoy.
I personally read mu books through my laptop or my phone but I think it’s lot better to read book like the old fashion times
Maybe. If I were in this situation I would turn the blue light filter on, and turn down the brightness as low as possible. Additionally, consider downloading the book and turning on airplane mode. that way, theres no distractions, no disruptions to your sleep! What i do is put on an audiobook while I'm showering so I knock out two parts of my evening routine at once.
I do on a kindle. Whilst still technically a screen, the blue light isn’t as bad. I wouldn’t read on an iPad though, as this definitely disrupts my sleep!
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?