I would shut it off an hour before you go to bed or two hours before you go to bed. Depending on what you feel comfortable with.
I would think about half an hour to an hour – giving yourself enough time to complete tasks that dont involve a device before sleeping. Showering, reading a book, setting everything up for tomorrow, ect!
I've heard that an hour between sleep and phone time should be your norm. Most phones these days come with a blue light filter these days. Turning this on means the screen is less harsh on your eyes you could try this if you find your not getting off your device soon enough.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?