Out of site out of mind for sure. You can try to set yourself a time goal; for example start with a half hour 2 or 3 times a day and go up to an hour after a few days or so. Having a hobby also helps, one that doesn’t require a plug ie reading, knitting, drawing, colouring. Also set a goal for this ie I want to read this many pages and commit to finishing it before you can check any devices.
Turn on Do Not Disturb, Airplane Mode, or turn your phone off and put it in a drawer/ask someone to hide it. Then replace it with something else- read, write, brush your teeth, have a cup of tea or milk.
I can leave it in another room while working on a task. Set a timer. Take a shower/bath. Start with a few minutes and work up to a longer time.
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?