Out of site out of mind for sure. You can try to set yourself a time goal; for example start with a half hour 2 or 3 times a day and go up to an hour after a few days or so. Having a hobby also helps, one that doesn’t require a plug ie reading, knitting, drawing, colouring. Also set a goal for this ie I want to read this many pages and commit to finishing it before you can check any devices.
Turn on Do Not Disturb, Airplane Mode, or turn your phone off and put it in a drawer/ask someone to hide it. Then replace it with something else- read, write, brush your teeth, have a cup of tea or milk.
I can leave it in another room while working on a task. Set a timer. Take a shower/bath. Start with a few minutes and work up to a longer time.
- I dont really understand what unplug means
- How do you disconnect in the evening
- What time, before sleep seems to be the perfect time to disconnect?
- Does reading a book on a kindle count as unplugging?
- What do you usually do when you disconnect? I get bored and don’t know what to fill my time with.
- How early do you disconnect? Have you noticed a particular time works better?
- What can help anxiety?
- What do you do with your time after you disconnect from technology?
- How do you get yourself to put your phone down?
- What do you do when you have a day where everything is going right, and you have no reason, yet your attitude is just tired and snappy, even if at the start of the day everything was well, happy, and excited?