Out of site out of mind for sure. You can try to set yourself a time goal; for example start with a half hour 2 or 3 times a day and go up to an hour after a few days or so. Having a hobby also helps, one that doesn’t require a plug ie reading, knitting, drawing, colouring. Also set a goal for this ie I want to read this many pages and commit to finishing it before you can check any devices.
Turn on Do Not Disturb, Airplane Mode, or turn your phone off and put it in a drawer/ask someone to hide it. Then replace it with something else- read, write, brush your teeth, have a cup of tea or milk.
I can leave it in another room while working on a task. Set a timer. Take a shower/bath. Start with a few minutes and work up to a longer time.
- How do you stay motivated or consistent when it comes to trying to lose weight?
- Do you give yourself any exceptions?
- What are your tips to make digital detox easier?
- How can I stop browsing too much on social media?
- How soon do you disconnect before intending to go to sleep?
- How do I not become attached to my devices
- What helps you to stick to a screen time limit.
- What type of music is best when trying to relax and unwind😁
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?