Once Fabulous notifies me that it's time for my evening ritual I go through it and complete my habits. The last one is to disconnect, so I click complete and put my phone away for the night. Out of sight, out of mind, good night!
To discinnect myself I let the phone down and just meditate or give time for my thoughs. I do this task after all other tasks when I prepare for sleep. I consider this task completed after I have one important idea in my mind about the day that just past or about world and things like that.
L Onie S.
Half an hour before bed, I plug my phone in in the living room and don’t touch it again until the morning. I don’t watch tv or get on the computer after that time either.
My first disconnecting ritual is to turn my phone off for the night. By turning the sound is down, make sure alarm is on, turn on airplane mode, and set where you have to get up to turn alarm off. If you have a tablet or a laptop you can shut them down or you can turn them on airplane mode and set them were they aren't tempting you. That is what I consider disconnecting.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?