Once Fabulous notifies me that it's time for my evening ritual I go through it and complete my habits. The last one is to disconnect, so I click complete and put my phone away for the night. Out of sight, out of mind, good night!
To discinnect myself I let the phone down and just meditate or give time for my thoughs. I do this task after all other tasks when I prepare for sleep. I consider this task completed after I have one important idea in my mind about the day that just past or about world and things like that.
L Onie S.
Half an hour before bed, I plug my phone in in the living room and don’t touch it again until the morning. I don’t watch tv or get on the computer after that time either.
My first disconnecting ritual is to turn my phone off for the night. By turning the sound is down, make sure alarm is on, turn on airplane mode, and set where you have to get up to turn alarm off. If you have a tablet or a laptop you can shut them down or you can turn them on airplane mode and set them were they aren't tempting you. That is what I consider disconnecting.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?