In the past years I’ve started drinking tea before bed, specially “Sleepytime” tea. It’s a good physical reminder to shut down for the night. Since starting to work from home, it’s been helpful to stretch at the end of the workday as a signal to switch to relaxation mode.
I sit outside and listen to the birds. Sometimes I take a book with me and read. Holding an actual book is nicer than staring at a glowing screen. It is easier on your eyes.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?