I keep my phone on do not disturb until I get through my morning routine. You could save emails and texts until you do your deep work part of morning routine.
Ad Lia Z.
Put your phone on airplane mode before bed, and commit to not taking it off until you have completed the rest of your morning routine. If your routine feels less exciting than what’s in your phone – try to add one thing to it that you really enjoy doing – reading, getting to really enjoy your breakfast or coffee, 20 minutes of a hobbie you love but don’t spend as much time as you’d like on. Hopefully that will help distract you from your phone, and over time you’ll realise that all the notifications and emails will wait until you are ready:)
Drink your water first thing, before anything. Put your electronic devices on 'Airplane mode' every night, so that until you turn it off, nothing comes through. Set up specific times to check your emails, and don't look at them at any other time.
Avoid this by fighting the urge to scroll through your notifications the minute you turn your alarm off. The quicker you can get away from the phone, the better!
This was one of my issues as well. Whenever I got a notification or an email, I used to immediately answer to it. The first step I took was to disable my notifications on emails, facebook, any other distractions. It wasn't easy and it took me a week or two to get used to it but eventually it became a habbit. Important is to try and do your best and continue on improving your life choices. You already started your journey by asking this question.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!