I find it best to dim the lights in my room for 10-15 mins before I go to bed (cute fairy lights are perfect for this!). I try to put my phone and laptop out of reach (e.g. end of my hallway on the windowsill) but I'm certainly not always successful! Then I might read some of my book (a light hearted one, no dramatics etc) and turn out the lights.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?